Three Islands Press Webfonts End-User License Agreement
This is a legal agreement between Three Islands Press (“3IP”) and any purchaser (“The Licensee”) of any webfonts (e.g., .WOFF and .EOT format) data generated from 3IP type outlines (“The Software”) and installed on any data server(s) for the purpose of dynamic rendering of those outlines on remote computers or other devices, for instance, by accessing Web pages. (For other uses, see the standard Three Islands Press End-User License Agreement.)
Upon full payment of the agreed-upon feeregardless of distribution method or whether that fee is applied by subscription term, data metering, one-time licensing, or other means3IP grants The Licensee a non-exclusive license for use of The Software, provided The Licensee agrees to these conditions:
1. The Licensee may use @font-face or similar embedding technologies to make The Software accessible to third parties, so long as The Software may only be viewed and printed by those third partiesi.e., not edited.
2. The Licensee agrees to reserve The Software only and expressly for The Licensee’s own use and not to redistribute The Software by any means to third parties that might enable those parties to install and use The Software independently; furthermore, The Licensee agrees to undertake any and all steps necessary to prevent such use of or access to The Software except as described in this agreement.
3. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not disassemble or modify The Software in any way, nor convert The Software for any other use, except by express permission of 3IP.
4. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not embed The Software in any way that enables editing, altering, enhancing, modifying, or extracting The Software by third-party users.
5. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not sub-license The Software.
6. The Software is owned by and is the intellectual property of 3IP, and its worldwide trademarks belong to 3IP; furthermore, The Licensee agrees to credit 3IP as the trademark and copyright owner of The Software wherever and whenever design, production, and/or other credits are shown or listed, such as in a notice in The Licensee’s CSS file (near the code specifying The Software), e.g.: “Lamar Pen copyright © Three Islands Press (www.3ip.com).”
7. In no way is 3IP liable for any computer trouble, property damage, personal injury, or loss of income or profits as a result of the use of The Software.
8. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Maine, U.S.A., and any other governing authority.
9. This agreement ends upon violation of any of these terms.
10. In the event of termination of this agreement, The Licensee agrees to destroy all copies of The Software in possession of The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners.
If you have other licensing questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (207) 596-6768.
Three Islands Press
P.O. Box 1092
Rockport ME 04856-1092