Three Islands Press Standard End-User License Agreement
This is a legal agreement between Three Islands Press (“3IP”) and any purchaser (“The Licensee”) of any 3IP font(s) regarding use of the associated digital type outlines (“The Software”) for standard desktop use. (For other uses, see the 3IP Webfonts End-User License Agreement and the 3IP App/Game License Agreement.)
Upon full payment of the agreed-upon fee, 3IP grants The Licensee a non-exclusive license for use of The Software, provided The Licensee agrees to these terms:
1. The Licensee may install and use The Software on up to five (5) devices (e.g., computers, tablets, printers, and the like) at one location; installation on more than five devices, or in more than one location, will require an additional license fee or fees.
2. The Licensee agrees not to redistribute The Software by any means except to its printers, output bureaus, design agencies, and the like, so long as The Software is reserved only and expressly for The Licensee’s own use.
3. The Licensee agrees to advise in writing its printers, output bureaus, design agencies, and the like, of the limitation described in 3., above, and to direct these agencies to 3IP for independent licensing of The Software for any other use; furthermore, The Licensee agrees to undertake any and all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized use of or access to The Software except as described in this agreement.
4. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not disassemble or modify The Software in any way, nor convert The Software for use on another platform, except by express permission of 3IP.
5. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not embed The Software in any materials not intended for The Licensee’s own use, except where such materials permit only viewing and printingnot editing, altering, enhancing, modifying, or extracting The Software for subsequent use.
6. The Licensee, its agents, and/or its partners may not sub-license The Software.
7. The Licensee acknowledges that the Software is owned by and is the intellectual property of 3IP, and its worldwide trademarks belong to 3IP.
8. Furthermore, The Licensee agrees to credit 3IP as the trademark and copyright owner of The Software wherever and whenever design, production, and/or other credits are shown or listed, e.g.: “Lamar Pen copyright © Three Islands Press (www.3ip.com).”
9. In no way is 3IP liable for any computer trouble, property damage, personal injury, or loss of income or profits as a result of the use of The Software.
10. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Maine, U.S.A., and any other governing authority.
11. This agreement ends upon violation of any of these terms.
12. In the event of termination of this agreement, The Licensee agrees to destroy all copies of The Software at any and all of the locations described above.
For a multiple-license quote or for information on site, regional, worldwide, eBook, broadcast, and/or other licenses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (207) 596-6768.
Three Islands Press
P.O. Box 1092
Rockport ME 04856-1092